POSITION / TITLE:
- BS/Business Administration, cum laude, State University of New York College at Buffalo, 1972, cum laude
EXPERIENCE: DISPUTES / LITIGATION
- $150 Million Ethanol Plants (two) – As one of team leaders, coordinated forensic effort using a “virtual project team” execution approach. Organized and implemented a central web-based information management tool for all team documentation. Researched key issues through contemporaneous documents and interviews. Prepared interactive chronologies that supported schedule analysis and disruptions assessments. Identified and compiled source documents to support development of quantum assessments for changed work and other damages (delay and disruption).
- $200 Million Carbon Monoxide Plant – As one of team leaders, coordinated forensic effort. Researched key issues through contemporaneous documents and interviews. Prepared chronologies that supported schedule analysis and disruptions assessments.
- $150 Million Power Generation (Peaker) Plant – Supported search and analysis of contemporaneous documents in preparing to defend owner regarding litigation initiated by the general contractor. Prepared weather analysis to support detailed CPM-based schedule analysis demonstrating entitlement to delay damages.
- Retail Shopping Complex (three facilities) – Assisted in evaluating delay, disruption and changed work claims on these similar facilities built in three different military bases and at different times.
- Military Base 60 Member Training Facility – Assisted in evaluating delay and disruption claims by the construction contractor. Supported the preparation of the analytical assessment of the As-Built conditions and performance. Analysis was used to resolve the dispute.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminal (grass roots) – Organized and coordinated forensic effort using a “virtual project team” execution approach. Organized and implemented a central web-based information management tool for all team documentation. Researched key issues using contemporaneous documents.
- Retail Fit-Out – Prepared schedule analysis and letter report. Evaluated delays by predecessor trades. Assisted in negotiation plan and settlement conference that led to equitable resolution.
- Munitions Maintenance Facility – Detailed assembly and “take-off” of logs, staffing levels, project submittals and requests, as well as other key management documents. Emphasis is on presentation effectiveness and source document utilization.
REGISTRATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Member
- ABA Construction Forum – Member (Divisions – Dispute Avoidance & Resolution, Contract Documents, Project Delivery Systems, International Construction)
- State of Texas Bar Association – Member
- Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas – Member
PRESENTATIONS, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- Lessons Learned – Large & Complex Industrial Projects
- Changes, Claims and Pricing
- Contract Baselines
- Time & Progress Management
- Schedule and Delay Analyses
- MCLAUGHLIN & MCLAUGHLIN, Austin, Texas and Sacramento, California 1992 to present, PRINCIPAL
- Christian Schmidt Brewing Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1982 to 1985 – REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
- 1980 to 1982 – STATE SALES MANAGER
- 1979 to 1980 – AREA SALES MANAGER
- Marketing management – Target markets, promotional programs and materials, interviews and presentations, follow-on client relations
- Project Management of product introduction involving product development, pricing, merchandising, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
- Managed development of 100 plus new accounts within the target legal, engineering, construction management and consulting markets.
- Managed sales process from prospect to closing, developing close client relationships – disputes up to 40 million dollars, projects to 500 million dollars.
- Business management of service organizations.
- Development and implementation of training manuals and programs.
- Recruitment and training of sales professionals.